KMU DIGITAL English Information
SME DIGITAL - the Austrian Digitization Initiative for SMEs
Digitization trends offer a great potential and new business opportunities for entrepreneurs and their companies. The new digitization program SME DIGITAL of the Austrian Economic Chambers in cooperation with the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs provides comprehensive support for these opportunities, specifically for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The program includes financial support, consulting services, events, webinars, analysis tools and training programs. SME DIGITAL covers a vast array of digitalization topics such as:
- online-shops, social media and electronic commerce
- smart products, service design, internet of things (IoT)[ER2] , 3-D printing, use of big data, crowd sourcing and crowd funding
- CRM-tools, electronic recruiting, near-field communication (NFC), electronic banking
- Data security, IT security, cyber crime
The project started in September 2017.
The SME DIGITAL program offers support on several levels:
- Free online status check: “How digital is my business?”
With this online analysis tool, companies can carry out a quick first status check to identify their respective digital starting position.
- Free potential analysis: “What should change?”
This entry-level consulting service helps entrepreneurs to systematically analyse digital trends, opportunities and risks for their company. The outcome is summarized in a digitization map and the company gets an overview of possible ways for implementation.
The potential analysis is conducted by certified digitization consultants and especially recommended for smaller companies for which the service is free of charge.
- Consulting + 50% bonus: “How do I get there?”
Through certified consulting services, companies get assistance in defining and implementing concrete steps of their respective digitization strategy. For this purpose, the company can apply for financial support and is offered consulting in three areas:
a) E-commerce, online marketing & social media
b) Business models & processes (electronic invoices, logistics etc.)
c) Improving IT security: to prevent data loss, security gaps and security weak points
- Training for entrepreneurs and employees + 50% bonus: increasing digital skills
Digital expertise is an important prerequisite for making informed decisions and shaping the future of companies. For this reason, the program financially supports training and further education to increase digital skills of entrepreneurs and employees alike.