The Association of the Austrian Wood Industries is the umbrella organisation of all industrial undertakings within the woodworking sector (except forestry).
In total there are about 1.300 members representing the various branches with a production value of 7.5 billion EUR and more than 25.000 employees. Most of these enterprises are small and medium-sized and almost entirely privately owned.
The Wood Industry is a highly export oriented sector with an export rate of 66%. The exports consist mainly of sawn softwood, wood based panels and skis. The most important market for Austrian wood products is the European Union (74%) with the two main export countries Germany and Italy.
The Association of the Austrian Wood Industries represents the interests of its members, has the right to appraise legislative bills and conducts negotiations on collective agreements with the trade unions.
Additionally the Association is also an important service organisation for its members and for example offers free legal advice or acts as a platform for export activities.
- representation of membership interests at all levels of government and at EU-level
- information and advisory service to our members
- collective bargaining with unions
- business support and service
- promotion of international trade and promotion of Austrian wood products in international markets