Almost 9,000 commercial agents and agencies operate in the market and arrange the sale of goods between companies at all levels of distribution (Business-to-Business or B2B).
The value of the goods placed on the market is worth about 24.5 billion euros every year. Therefore, the commercial agents contribute significantly in order to keep the economy running.
The Austrian Federal Association of Commercial Agents represents the interests of the profession at national and international level.
Key Figures Austria
- 8,600 commercial agents
- 65 % sole proprietorship / 35% SMEs
- Ø 20 years of professional experience
- Representation of Ø 4 principals
- 61 % of the principals are from abroad
- Principals turnover of 24.5 billion euros/year
- Collaboration with Ø 200 customers
- 45% of the agents are active abroad and offer opportunities in other markets
- Travelling Ø 42,500 km/year by car
- Ø 100 travel days, 42 overnight stays/year
- Sales professionals for all sectors
Sales Agents and Agencies
Commercial agents and agencies are constantly on the road in order to place products on the market. They work in the B2B area and connect principals (mainly manufacturing companies) with customers (mainly retailers).
Commercial agents are independent entrepreneurs. Several principals (mostly small and medium-sized companies) entrust them with arranging the sale of goods in the name of and on behalf of the principal. The customers are commercial purchasers and not end users.
Commercial agents work based on turnover. They receive a commission once the sale has been completed. Therefore, the principals pay neither fixed fees nor social costs or travel expenses.
Representation of the Profession
The Austrian Federal Association of Commercial Agents with its approximately 9,000 members represents the interests of commercial agents at national and international level. The association is the main contact partner for specific matters of the sector and provides ongoing information and a network to new business partners.
The association is a member of IUCAB (Internationally United Commercial Agents and Brokers), the worldwide alliance of national associations of commercial agents and is therefore always up to date on the latest international developments.
- Commercial agents: Support in professional issues and transfer of know-how
- Principals (manufacturers): Flexible business model for distribution with low overhead costs
- International organisations: First contact around the profession
The associations of commercial agents offer numerous services:
- Consulting in legal and tax issues*)
- Training courses*)
- Print-magazine CONTACT:
- Newsletter CONTACT: Plus*)
- Website with the latest information
- Free registration on the B2B platform
- Specialised literature Benefits and specific solutions*)
- Participation in the International Award of the profession*)
- Networking events Trust
- lawyers at special rates*)
*) Offers exclusively for commercial agents
The B2B platform www.commercialagents.at supports principals (manufacturers) and suppliers from all over the world in finding commercial agents and vice versa.
Expand your international network:
- Database with more than 1,500 commercial agents
- Qualified commercial agent profiles
- Cost-effective placement of offers
- Commercial agents will be notified directly via e-mail about the offer
- Special rates for embassies and chambers of commerce
- Part of the international IUCAB B2B platform (incl. 20 countries with over 14,000 commercial agents)