Austria’s pavilion in Dubai was another extraordinary project and a worthy successor to its award-winning pavilions at the last two Expos in Milan in 2015 and Astana in 2017.
The "Austria makes sense" programme reflected a holistic and well-thought-out concept from the smart, sustainable architecture to the exhibition inside the pavilion and combined people, technology, and the environment in an engaging experience for all senses.
A special area, the iLab showed forward-looking solutions from Austria.
"The winning project by querkraft architekten stands out because of its distinctive architectural qualities, both in terms of its exterior appearance and in terms of the possibilities for interior design. The deliberate sensual character of the architecture creates attractive possibilities for interdisciplinary cooperation with artists and designers from other disciplines."
Awards for the pavilion
The pavilion not only impressed visitors, but also experts from all over the world. The pavilion had received the following prestigious awards so far:
- BIE Expo Official Participant Awards | Silver Award | Category “Architecture & Landscape” | medium sized Pavilions
- Global Architecture & Design Award 2021 | Category “Sustainable Architecture”
- BLT Built Design Award 2021 | Category “Sustainable & Energy Saver"
- German Design Award 2022 | Category „Special Mention – Eco Design”
- Exhibitor’s Magazine World Expo Award | Category „Best Sustainable Design“
- Austrian Green Planet Building Award
- urban design & architecture design award | Gold Winner
- The Green Good Design Award 2022
- Austrian National Award 2022 | Special Award “Spaces & Environment”
- Architizer A+Award | Jury Winner Category “Architecture + Sustainability”
- International Architecture & Design Award 2022 | Category “Pop-ups and Temporary Architecture Built”
- XAVER 2022 - Swiss Award for Excellence in Live Communication | Category “Best Supplier Services”
- Red Dot Award 2022 | Design Concept
- 2A Architecture & Art Magazine Award | Specially Venerated Pavilion
- Red Dot Award 2022 | Visual Concept