Austria's Center of Excellence for Occupational Skills Competitions within the WKO
SkillsAustria is a non-profit association of the WKO and coordinates the Austrian State Championships of Professions (AustrianSkills). The winners of these championships represent Austria in the international competitions known as EuroSkills and WorldSkills.
SkillsAustria is also responsible for the comprehensive preparation and dispatch of Team Austria to the international occupational skills competitions, as well as for the management of public relations and sponsorship.
- offers young people the chance to turn their passion into a profession and become the best in their field.
- accompanies young professionals on their way to the international championships with more than 50 trainers.
- is a competent partner for trainers, schools and companies.
Milestones in Austrian Skills History
- Since 1958, the Austrian Chamber of Commerce has been a member of WorldSkills International.
- Since 1961, the WKO has regularly sent Austrian teams to the international occupational skills championships.
- 1983: WorldSkills were held in Linz, Austria, with a total of 300 participants.
- Since 2007, the WKO has been a member of WorldSkills Europe.
- Austria has competed at EuroSkills since 2008, the first European vocational skills championships.
- In 2021, the European Occupational Skills Championships was held in Graz.
- The track record so far impressively documents Austria's continuous top performances.
These excellent Austrian successes are made possible by the great commitment of many volunteer experts, who coach the participants before and during the competition, train them professionally, and also mentally accompany them on their way to the podium. All of this would not be possible without the consistent and generous support of
- the Austrian training companies,
- the Chamber of Commerce organisation,
- the Federal Ministry for Digitization and Business Location (BMDW) and
- the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF).