Why we do what we do
The chambers of commerce stand for ...
- Entrepreneurial thinking and entrepreneurship
We support entrepreneurial thinking for more entrepreneurship.
- Excellence in education, research and innovation
We promote excellence in education, research and innovation for a competitive economy.
- Personal responsibility, performance and solidarity
We stand for personal responsibility, performance and solidarity
- Sustainability and social responsibility
We have a social responsibility to promote a sustainable economy.
- Self-government and subsidiarity
We are committed to self-government and the principle of subsidiarity.
- Social partnership as “Zukunftspartnerschaft”
We see the social partnership as a model for cooperation and reconciliation in the future.
- Forward looking regional and structural development
We work for forward looking regional and structural development.
- Fair competition at national and international level
We demand national and international level playing fields for fair competition.
- European mindset and international activity
We think and act internationally for a successful Austria in a united Europe in a global world.
Principles approved by the Executive Committee of the Austrian Economic Chamber on November 25th, 2020