Brochure for Download
A large number of legal and collective-agreement provisions have to be observed when hiring personnel. One small mistake can quickly have adverse and, often, also very costly consequences for the employer.
That is why it is especially important to deal in good time and in depth with the most important issues that arise when establishing an employment relationship, in order to avoid unnecessary problems as much as possible.
This brochure (PDF) summarises the relevant labour-law provisions. It is intended to provide you with step-by-step assistance when you take on employees.
Before you hire an employee, be sure to consider the following basic questions:
- Which important rules concerning equal treatment must be borne in mind in the job advertisement?
- Which questions can be asked at the interview and which topics should be avoided?
- When do interview expenses arise and how can they be avoided?
- What must be taken into account when employing foreign nationals?
- What form of employment is planned? Blue collar or white collar, holiday intern or holiday employee?
- Is an apprentice to be trained?
- Which collective agreement applies to the employment relationship?
- What is the contentof an employment note and how is it different from an employment contract?
- What are the advantages of a trial period?
- What needs to be considered when concluding a fixed-term employment contract?
- What regulations must be observed when registering for health insurance?
- When is the employment marginal?
- What details must be included in the payroll account?
In the appendix to this brochure, you will find the current contribution bases and contribution rates for employees in 2022, as well as many useful links for employers.