The Startup-Services of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber offers personal consulting and service designed for startups. It is the first point of contact for startups.
Open Office Hours
Weekly “Open Office Hours“ with the WKÖ Head of Startup-Services, where startups can get advice on a wide range of matters including founding, financing & internationalisation.
Book your Meetup here
Definition of a Startup
- Less than ten years old from the date of founding.
- Shows significant growth of users, revenue, or employment.
- Scales and internationalises faster than SMEs.
- Has introduced a technological or social innovation or operates with an
- innovative business model.
- Usually raises venture capital.
Facts & Figures about Startups
- Average age: 37.2 years
- Founding experience: 40 %
- University degree: 78 %
- Share of team formations: 78 %
- Average size of funding team: 2.5 people
- Women in the funding team: 39 %
(Source: Austrian Startup Monitor 2022)
Startup Landscape Austria
A daily updated overview of the Austrian startup ecosystem is offered by Startup Landscape Austria. Here interested parties can use simple search and filter functions to view information on startups, investors, accelerators and much more.
With our digital education platform wîse up, we offer startups of all sizes more than 15,000 online courses for better entrepreneurship education.
Born Global Academy
Born Global Academy is the program for Austrian scaleups looking to break into new markets. The aim is to guide Austrian startups seeking to expand their business models into international markets and to advise them on specific steps for growth.
Tedx Talk of the Head of Startup-Services
If you want to know more about the collaboration between authorities and entrepreneurs, watch the TEDx Talk of the Head of Startup-Services.